Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yes, It's Cliche, but It Is True!

Addi's nativity set which she fondly calls her "babies". Melts my heart!
Do you hear this song? We all know it, but it hit me hard a couple of days ago. I was extremely frustrated at God ... for numerous reasons. I had bawled my eyes out at least ten times by 1:00 in the afternoon and was just completely spent. I needed to just vent, so I hoped on here to spill it all out, not intending to post it at all. Well, I opened my blog last week to see it starring at me in the face..... ummm ok. I have no idea how it made its way onto my blog page, but there it sat. So, if you happened to catch it, then I guess you know why a part of why I was angry.
Back to the point.... my emotions were hanging by a very thin thread and I knew I was going to lose it. I had some things to do around the house and I work better if  I have music playing. So, Joshy boy went into the cd player and Silent Night filled every corner of my living room and kitchen. I actually listened, not just heard, what the words were saying. It hit me smack dab in the middle of my heart. I felt like God was saying, "Elizabeth, just be silent....stop for a moment and let me speak to your heart". The world was just as crazy on that silent night as it is now. Do you suppose that the night really started out silent? I am sure Mary was stressed OUT as she entered Bethlehem, knowing full well that this baby was coming. There was nowhere...NOWHERE for them to stay. If she was anything like me, I am sure she was saying, "Joseph, I TOLD you we should have left earlier". They were turned away door after door after door. My blood pressure rises just thinking about it. Yet, once Jesus finally entered the world, she just basked in his holiness. Yes, that is exactly what I needed and still need to do.

So, I cried yet again as I listened to the song. My small little world of problems is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. God is so much bigger and I am so thankful that we, as Christians, can step back and appreciate silent and holy nights.... at least in our own heats. So, I am sorry for being so cliche on this post. I am not trying to be all "Chrismassy" in a CChristian type of way. I am being real. God can even use Christmas cliches to touch our heart and I truly pray that everybody can experience him somehow this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment