Friday, April 15, 2011

Calling All Mommies.... I Need YOU!

One of the things I miss most about Nebraska is all the stay at home mommies who have to really stretch their budget to make ends meet.... like me! Now I have no doubt that somewhere in this huge city are moms in the same boat, trying to squeeze every ounce out of their pennies. So my dear mommy friends..... I want to know your secrets!!! Leave me a comment, a facebook message, WHATEVER and tell me all your amazing ways YOU save money......I would LOVE to know!! I am talking homemade cleaners, cheap recipes, frugal activities and crafts... ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! To show my appreciation, I will compile everything I learn on my blog so that every other mommy who is interested (and reads this blog) can pick up a few new tricks too!! Sound like a deal????

2 comments:

  1. We use walgreens diapers, they go on sale regularly for buy one get one free and they have coupons too so they end up being 3.80 for 2 packages.they fit just like huggies. Hip2save.com is the best website for coupons and free things. I never buy dish soap without a coupon our two and at walgreens I get it for free or close to it almost every time. dollar store is my friend for crafts. Stickers are my kids favorites. I but all my kids clothes at garage sales for the whole year. $ 15 a week is my max for garage sales some times is spend all of it and some times none of it but its a good guide. Oh! And check out freecycle.com and see if houston has a chapter. Its a group that gives stuff away so you post you need a old dresser and if anyone had one for free they will post back. Kearney has a great group. Np doesn't really. Hope these help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric and I budget our money every month - we even keep a spreadsheet to make sure we're staying on track. We are also currently using the "envelope system" so we take out a certain amount of cash every week for things like groceries, household items, clothing, etc and that's ALL we get for that week. Once the envelope is empty, we are done. It's really helped us manage our money and realize what we are spending it on.
    I also like to have a couple meatless meals a week - it really cuts down on the grocery spending.
    I'm excited to see everyone's tips because this is something I really struggle with!

    ReplyDelete