Friday, March 16, 2012

Sending You Some Texas Love

In our home the word "vacation" usually means going back to Nebraska. Since we have had the kids, I don't think we have ever taken a vacation simply for the enjoyment of getting away. Andy and I had originally planned on taking a 5 year anniversary trip to Galveston, but we knew that we would have to bring Brandly (as he is still nursing and I don't have much luck pumping). If Brandly was coming, it was kind of like we might as well bring Addi, right? So we scratched the anniversary trip for this year and decided we would take a little family vacation.

One of the great things about living in Houston is, not only are there tons of things to here but also in a four hour radius surrounding the city. I found a bed and breakfast in the Fort Worth area that looked promising.... plus they had animals which is always a winner in Addi's book.  Somehow, we ended up on a real Texas vacation.. with like longhorns... on a cattle drive. Coming from Nebraska, I thought the whole cowboy thing was a front to make themselves unique and cool. A front that I found rather annoying; along with whole attitude that Texas was somehow better than every other state in the U.S. BUT after living here, I do think Texas is pretty awesome (certainly cooler than Nebraska) and the people genuinely friendly.






































1 comment: