Saturday, June 12, 2010

I am broken. Mourning for the things that were lost, for the things that once were. Everything I know and am familiar with has been ripped out of my hands. What am I supposed to do with these pieces that was once my security? This ground is uncharted and ruthless terrain. I find myself stumbling and lost in this wilderness.The pack on my back is heavy and weighs me down. Each item inside is too precious for me to let go of. For a moment my compass falters and spins out of control. But due North was never lost. The arrow still points to the cross. So I begin to run.... straight towards the only thing that is still stable and secure. I keep my eyes fixated on the cross because I know that I soon as I take my eyes off of it, I will fall. A storm crashes all around me and there are moments where it is too blinding to see, but the compass is still pointing me in the right direction. Finally I reach the foot of the cross all I can do is collapse with the burdens that I carry. Slowly, I begin to unpack my baggage and it is painful. Each item that I carried in my bag were priceless items to me and letting go of them is more than I can handle. But he is there.... and he wraps his arms around me. As I grip each item, he gently whispers, "lay it down, it is no longer yours to bear" I watch as my fingers slowy peel off....one by one. Eventually my bag is empty as my pride, identity, security, and strength lay in a heap on the ground. All that I was is now is now laying at the foot of the cross, like discarded garbage. I feel myself collapsing, but his arms are still wrapped secuerly around me. All I can do is fall into the comfort of his sweet sweet arms. Peace.


The journey must go on, but I am outfitted with a new pack and within it, all that was lost has been restored. Only this time they are different. They are easy to carry and place no burden on me. A new identity tag hangs from the handle. One that reads, "Jesus".


As I step out onto the path to continue my journey, I know that I will face some dark caves, but I also know that there will be many sweet valleys. As long as my compass is in my hand, I know that I can never get lost because it ALWAYS points straight to the cross.

2 comments:

  1. amen. thank you for opening your heart elizabeth... we love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this E-beth! I love you and I love your heart. I am praying for you.

    P.S. your writing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete