Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A love like HIS

Humans are so fickle! We give love so freely (sometimes a little too freely). God created us to love one another and we can do it really well... when we want to. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much for us to yank our love back either. In a moment of anger or frustration, we quickly decide that our love isn't quite worth giving anymore.
I have recently been experiencing a situation where nobody would blame me if I decided that I no longer wanted to love a certain person in my life. It would be SO easy to say, "sorry, you have deeply hurt me and I can no longer love you". In our human minds, this would be completely justified, but my human love was replaced a long time ago.
You see, there is guy in my life who loves unconditionally... no matter what! How many times have I spat in his face, stomped on his toes, and defiled his very name? Everyday. Although this hurts him, he loves me WAY to much to let this get in the way of HIS love. In fact, this very man DIED for me....THAT'S RIGHT! A long time ago, as a little girl, I asked him to put a love like that inside of me and the exciting thing is HE DID! Am I saying that my love is perfect all the time? No! Unfortunately my human nature takes over and there are many days where my love is extremely selfish.
But here is the deal: Today I am choosing to let His love reign in me. There is NO way that I am going to let bitterness get in the way. I am not going to snatch my love back just because I am hurting. You know why? ...Who am I to do this? GOD has loved me contiguously despite ALL of my sin against him. He calls ME to love like he does. So you know what?? I will love! No matter how much I hurt because it's not about ME! So, let me challenge you to do the same. Let's take Christ's example and love at a level that is beyond our human nature. Man, just think how Incredible your life would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment