Friday, March 18, 2011

First Swim

Don't you love it when the first warm days of summer spring creep in? It calls to you, begging for you to come soak up the warm rays that had been masked by winter's clouds. This was the first week that it has been warm enough to pull out the swimming suits. I love the way swimming suits smell... especially after they have gone for a dip in a crystal clear pool. The smell of spandex and chlorine. May be strange, but I think it is the best.. the smell of spring and summer days.




 We have been battling sickness for weeks in our house. Spouts of flu and throwing up epidemics have hit us in week intervals. Thankfully Addi hasn't caught the second of the two, I am praying it will remain that way. Today was Andy's turn to spend in bed and so Addi and I spent the afternoon taking in the full beauty and warmth of spring in Houston. She triumphed in the glory of her $5 kiddy pool.






P.S. My sister left me on Wednesday after a week of sisterly quality time. Can you believe I didn't take one picture?? Not one! I failed. I'm going to miss her! I was thinking the other day of what the perfect friend for me would be like. After listing everything off in my head, I had a revelation! Everything I listed was my sister! My best friend is my sister and always will be. She is my perfect friend. Move to Houston please, Em??

No comments:

Post a Comment