Friday, March 4, 2011

Cherry On Top

I have been thinking a lot about us lately. Addi, the baby, and I. I have just been wondering what that will look like. I am not scared or worried, just contemplative. Addi is still too young to realize that there is going to be a little person invading her world pretty soon. I wonder how she is going to react to her mommy (her world) having to divide attention between her and a tiny being. We have our days pretty figured out, she and I. Our days are predictable and easy. Am I going to be utterly exhausted by the end of the day? Addi was a hard baby. She would NOT fall asleep at night and I would be up until 3am still trying to get her to shut her heavy eyes. If this second baby isn't a good sleeper, I don't know what I am going to do. So, many things that are so easy with one seem like they could be a monster task with two...... but I thought that about one, once upon a time.






I have no doubt we will figure it out. This next little one will steal my heart, just as Addi did. We will figure out our dance and life will seem normal. I am sure I will look back and think, "that was much easier with just one...... or none" But my heart will be full and none or one will never seem as good..... and then I'll probably want three.... because I love them babies. They give my life so much purpose and are like the cherry on top of something already oh so good! Yep, we're going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment