Monday, February 28, 2011

Shoo Flu, Don't Bother Me

I am sick and tied of being sick and tired. This has been my view for the last 48 hours...

Lord have mercy these walls are so drab! Can you say paint job? Anyway, three whole days of the flu!! I had to tough it out on Thursday and Friday while Andy was working, but as soon as he walked in the door Friday night, it was a straight beeline for my bed... and that's where I have been ever since. We're talking hot flashes, cold flashes, headaches, jaw aches, runny nose and occasional throwing up. Blah. I guess I didn't mind the excuse to be in bed for two days, but it was for reasons that were less than desirable. I am surrounded by piles of tissues that have rubbed my nose raw. One of those tissues, apparently, contains my nose ring that was suddenly noticed missing :( I will never remember to buy a new one and, therefore, I will probably be nose ringless forever now.

I think Addi is angry with me. Maybe she noticed I wasn't really up to being a good mom or something. She really has wanted nothing to do with me and is amazingly content with the fact that she gets to spend her days with daddy, while I wither away in bed. Speaking of..... clearly I need to be sick more often. Andy was like superman this weekend. I mean the guy cleaned the garage, raked leaves, cleaned out my car, watered the backyard (where we are currently trying to grow grass), went grocery shopping, and I even found him cleaning the windows in the house.... all with Addi in tow! She must behave better for him because I never seem to get that much done. I was rather speechless.
Sorry for the blurry pictures, but when this girl smiles for the camera..you gotta go with it!
Poor baby girl had a bit of a rough Monday too. 4 shots and blood work :( Makes Momma sad.

P.S. It's sunny with a high of 75! Spring has arrived in Houston! AND I finally found the fabric I want to use for my bedroom pillows! Whoohoo... now for some paint!

1 comment:

  1. sorry you've had a rough week! get to feeling better and paint those walls. haha...

    ReplyDelete