Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Uphill Battles

Happy Wednesday! It is cold and rainy today and I am hoping they will send Andy home early because it is getting a little icy outside. Fingers crossed!

Some of the girls in my small group have started reading So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. It has been interesting. I have never thought of myself as an insecure person, but it is amazing how this book has brought it all to the front. You have to examines all the ugly parts inside that you hate. It is such a lovely feeling realizing you are WAY more insecure than you originally thought. It has been a great process though... a bit painful, but good. I constantly find myself praying for Christ's security as I head into situations that I know will make me feel insecure. I have seen a difference AND that, my friends, is where the change begins to happen. The amazing thing is that when I hand over my insecurities, I feel like Christ give me an "atta girl". Ok, I'll let you into a secret for the sake of a good example. Reading other blogs often times makes me feel really insecure in a number of areas. These women are amazing writers, photographers, and mommies. I have battled losing who I am in order to make my blogs become more like theirs BUT I refused to do it. I refuse to pretend to be somebody I am not. Once I let it go, I had two messages waiting for me in my facebook message box. These messages were from two women who were thanking me for my blog.... for the way it is. That was such a sweet blessing to my heart. Nobody says that overcoming your insecurity is a quick fix, it will be a constant uphill battle for a long time....... but I think it will be worth it.


Speaking of uphill battle...... uhhhhhhh my HOUSE!!!!! I know mom's complain about this all the time. I read at least one blog a week from a mom with a messy house. I am SO glad that I am not the only stay at home mom who can't seem to get it together when it comes to house work. I FEEL like I am constantly picking up something, but it never results in a crystal clean house. Before Addi, I would just set aside an hour, put on some good music and go at it. That doesn't really work when you put a toy away, start on something else, and come back to find that the same toy you just put away is now laying on the floor. I have been able to get over the first major hump of acceptance, but I don't think I will ever completely get over it.
Addi's new favorite thing is to sit in the laundry basket where she loves to
throw the clean laundry out and bring her toys in.
All the stuff laying on my bedroom floor was NOT put there by me.



And while you are looking at my ugly/white walled bedroom, just know that I have some big plans for it. I just need the time and the money to do it. I THINK I can do it fairly cheap, but sometimes that is easier said then done.

On another note: She is a girl after my own heart! Ok, it was mostly ice, but I know she will be a Doctor Pepper girl!


2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you and your comitment to being you! You are an great writer and a fabulous photographer! I love your eye for angles! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. psssstt... that is the best secret about growing up. the absolute unimaginable freedom and joy that you receive when you choose to just LET IT GO. relish your uniqueness... HE does. take joy in your quirks, your passions, all of it. you do an incredible job of being honest about your journey on here. i know for a fact that more people than you probably know have been impacted and started a healing process this last year .. in part to feeling like in a small way they can walk with you through it. atta girl ebeth. ;)

    ReplyDelete