Saturday, June 25, 2011

What if?

    Have you ever wondered what you life would be like if you had never _________? I do. It is the inevitable "what if".  Every time I come back home, I can't help but wonder what my life would look like today had we never left. Who would my friends be? Where would  we be working? Would we even have Addi? (probably not.... it was pretty circumstantial, but that is a story for another day).


    The truth of the matter is I was suffocating in Kearney. Everything was WAY too comfortable and I was stagnant.... dying (spiritually speaking). Houston caused me to stretch... grow... change. I needed to be uncomfortable for awhile. I needed to learn how to depend on Christ because everything back home came so easily. I needed to learn to have a relationship with my husband that allowed us to work together, learn together, and grow together. And the truth of the matter is that there were some things might have been a little bit too much to handle if we had stayed as well. God knew....... knows.











    I am thankful for the life that I have. The good and the bad..... the hard and the easy...... the ugly and the beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment