Friday, February 3, 2012

New Chalk Board!

So, I already have a chalk board in my kitchen, but I have never really been a fan of it. For some reason, our walls are bumpy.. you know like how ceilings normally are. Why? I have no idea; I pretty much hate it. Anyway, we painted the chalkboard straight onto the wall and so trying to write something is a nightmare. I also regret my decision in making it the focal point of the room.

I had a vision for a new chalkboard; one that would make the chalkboard more of a sideshow and would have a smooth writing surface.

I agree, it's not the best picture :( On a side note, I am not very good at taking pictures that doesn't have a person in it. BUT isn't it AWESOME??? I LOVE it!! We had some scrap wood leftover from a dog house, that we tore down, and it was fashioned into that chunky/rugged frame. The actual chalkboard is made out of a piece of plywood. Piece of cake, right?
 ACTUALLY, Andy came home and asked, "Did you make that?" Meaning, did I personally make it.... haha! Yea, right! My Dad is the one with the excellent craftsmanship! If I would have tried to make it, there would have been mismatching edges and I am pretty sure it wouldn't have hung on the wall straight. Umm, no.. I did not make it.  I do, however, have two chalk boards in my living room right now. Pretty sweet! I need to get some primer on my shopping list :)


Question??? Does anybody know why blogger won't let me put up a new header?? It says something about reaching my picture limit ... and maybe something about Picasa (don't remember). I have deleted tons of pics from Picasa AND my header is saved to my computer (so what does Picasa have to do with it?).  Any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment