Monday, July 25, 2011

Frugalicious

So, as a mom on a tight budget, it has been my goal to save money in both small and big ways. As a girl, I remember my mom doing all sorts of creative things to save a penny or two (hey, they add up). Interesting how often I find myself in her shoes, looking for easy and effiecient ways to keep the grocery, utility, entertainment, etc bills down. I know I am not alone in this as both working moms and stay -at -home moms are trying to be creative in order to make their small budgets stretch farther. So begins my monthly post on ways to save money. Meet Frugalicious! I think this will be a fun experience and I am excited not only to educate myself on saving money, but those who care to follow along. Are you READY???

Borax is the BOMB!

I have heard rumors about how awesome Borax is and I have been wanting to give it a try for awhile. Well, this is the week I am jumping in and going crazy .... (and although it is not gracing my cubbards yet, it soon will be).  I took a little trip over to their website and was in shock by the number of things Borax can be used for. Not only is it a cheap laundry detergent, it can be used for anything from a kitchen cleaner to crafts. Hello! Multi-purpose uses is like a penny-stretchers heaven! This box of awesome is not only useful on many levels, but it's CHEAP..... music to my ears!

Check out their website below and be blown away!
http://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/about

p.s. Let me know if you have ever used Borax in your house OR if you are going to give it a try.

p.p.s I don't think spell checker is working and as we all know.. I am not a good speller (so pardon my mistakes)

3 comments:

  1. Ebeth--I remember 20 Mule Team commercials when I was younger, but I don't think I have used it. But you can save sooo much money buying things like vinegar and borax and not spending so much on commercial cleaners. Love your blog. You write so well, I think you could monetize this and make some money. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tweeted your post! Hope you get a lot of visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a vinegar fanatic, so I'll have to explore borax too!

    ReplyDelete