Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2+2=4

We made it! The little man is here and he stole my heart pretty quickly.

 I had a repeat c-section seeing as big as he was. I didn't want to have the same experience that I had with Addi where I pushed for two hours and then rushed in to get a c-section. So I opted to just go in for the surgery as much as I just wanted to try a vbac. I remember hearing him cry and doctors and nurses saying, "whoa, he is a huge baby" and "now that's some placenta!"..... ummm yea.... 9lbs 8ounces! I look at him now and wonder how in the world he fit inside of me.

After the c-section the ride got pretty rough for awhile as I had excessive bleeding. They couldn't figure out why it was happening and therefore weren't really sure what to do. There were a lot of nervous glances and whispers of my uterus needing to be removed. Blood was being ordered, but they wanted to wait to give it to me. I said a desperate prayer through my medicated fog and slowly the bleeding subsided. No blood needed and my uterus is still intact (just very stretched at the moment). Praise the Lord!
Memorial Herman is awesome because they strongly believe in breastfeeding. In fact they encourage you to exclusively breastfeed even in the hospital. In my experience with other hospitals they like to give formula when mom is tired or sleeping. So, I took the challenge of only giving him breast milk in the hospital and was rewarded with a certificate (cheesy, but I was proud of myself). Brandly also spent the whole time in our room which I was excited about as I didn't get to see Addi for two days after she was born (don't get me started on what I think about the hospital I had her in.... HORRIBLE).







We are so excited that our Brandly is here happy and healthy. Addi is in love with her little brother and her maternal instincts are in full swing. She is really into the fact that he poops so much :) The other night as Andy was putting her to sleep she heard Brandly crying and said, " It's ok. It's the baby. He poops". Love it! She hates it when he cries and would cry with him the first couple times she heard him. Now she sweetly says, "It's ok, it's ok" to him. I am so thankful that she is happy to have him apart of our family and is ready to jump in full swing into her big sister role. Brandly is super sweet and adorable and is considerably easier then Addi was..... although he is considerably more hungry! This makes my life a little easier and enjoyable which is a blessing. God is good!




..........Now all that's left is to burn off this belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly!

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest thing I have ever read!! Thank you for sharing, and I am glad you are all home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos E-beth! Brandly is so cute! And Addi is so cute in her pictures. I have vague memories of when Brooke came home as a baby and Jess too. I was so stoked. I took full ownership of being the older sister! :) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete