Sunday, August 15, 2010

Life is hard.

I am so ready to blow the whistle and call a TIME OUT!


In the past year and a half, I have dealt with more trials then I have in my whole entire life and I am dying to just escape for awhile.... I need a break.


Unfortunately, we aren't given that option...bummer.


Here is the truth. My life has been super easy up to this point.

I mean, come on.... I have had nothing difficult to deal

with beyond the day to day stresses of life.


I guess really my turn has come for a little trial.. but it's not easy.

I admire the people that have had lifetimes of pain and hardships...

the people who just can't seem to catch a break.

They have a resilience that I will never know or understand

...or is that really a true statement?


I recall a verse that says "I will never give you more than you can bear"


You know, I myself have found that I have had

an incredible resilience despite all the tribulation.

Trust me when I say that I have been less than perfect throughout it though.


Yes, I am ready for a break.. for a period of life

where everything is easier. Not perfect, just easier.

A period where maybe things just run a little smoother.


....but I got to say that Christ has always

remained incredibly faithful through it all.

He always provides EXACTLY what I need.


Strength

Confidence

Security

Peace

Stability

Hope

Love

Friends

Support

Patience

....and I think the biggest theme of my current life is

TRUST IN CHRIST
I wrote this about a month ago and never posted it. I thought it was worth putting it up now. I wish all my posts were happy, but is that real life? I would hope that people would appreciate honesty instead of perfection. Yes, life isn't easy and it has been hard, but I got to say that Christ has been so good. I am learning so much through my trails. I have been reading Ecclesiastes and have found encouragement through some of Solomon's writings. He writes in verse 7:10
"Do not say 'Why were the old days better than these?' For it is not wise to ask such questions".
To supplement my scripture reading, I have also been reading John MacArthur's commentary. He said, "more is learned from adversity than from pleasure. True wisdom is developed in the crucible of life's trials".
That is my prayer for my life. That through my adversity, I will gain wisdom,maturity, and a closeness to Christ that I have never known. Excited to see what type of person I am at the end of trial (how ever long it may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment