Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mom Always Said!

I wish every moment of every day was made up of moments like these. Days filled to the brim with smiley faces and cute giggles. Wouldn't it be nice to know that you were a perfect mother that created a perfect child? Well, that is not reality and I can honestly say that I am NOT a perfect mother nor do I have a perfect child...


Yes, my 8 month old daughter has mastered the skill of temper tantrums....


Unfortunately, she inherited this trait from her mother.... sad to admit. I do not have patience and really enjoy getting my way. I had no problem mouthing back to my own mother or letting her know how I really felt. My mom always said, " Elizabeth you are going to have one just like you one day.... only twice as worse". That day has arrived.



Yet, amidst the high pitch screams and dramatic throwing of oneself to the ground, I can't help but love this baby of mine. Despite the fact that Addi inherited some of my less desirable traits, she also inherited some pretty awesome ones too.....




Well lets just start with the obvious....she is incredibly BeAuTiFuL !!!! (In case you haven't noticed). I am stopped by swarms of people who ohh and aww over my baby. In addition, this little girl can entertain herself for long periods of time. She sits on the floor creating her own entertainment from whatever might be laying around, including the dog bone. She also is aWESOME whenever we are in public. It is a rare day when you will find miss Addi acting out at store. She LOVES the outdoors! Anything that involves being outside is right up her ally..... ANYTHING!

So, all the moments that I would consider hard are far out weighed by all the incredible things that make up this girl named Addi.

1 comment: