Monday, May 17, 2010

Becoming a Pearl!




Yesterday was my 3rd anniversary with Andy. I have said it before and I will continue to say it for years to come..... God knew what he was doing when he created this man for me. I have no doubt that 24 years ago, God was thinking of me as he knit Andy together in the womb (and vise versa). He created him knowing that I was going to be one sassy/strong willed girl and me knowing that he was going to be so layed back and incredibly patient. Does that mean that everything is easy or perfect....no way!But don't you see... that is the beauty of it! As God created us uniquely for each other, he also created us uniquely different. That means that we have to daily challenge ourselves to become selfless and to consider each other (I think we can all admit..it's no easy task). I like to think of it as a pearl being formed in an oysters mouth. It is a lot of work, sometimes irritating, and takes MANY years, but in the end something extraordinary is formed. It's priceless! I am so excited to see where God takes this marriage. We have both always felt that God was really going to use us in some way. We don't know what that is, but we are waiting with great expectation...













Now for a look back.... Memories of our relationship.




~Andy and I have known of each other for a long time. My first memory of him really speaks of the joys of middle school. He was in the gym playing basketball with a friend, but both him and his friend were wearing goggles (to protect their glasses)!!! I just remember thinking it was really funny and I truly hope I didn't make fun of him (although I probably would today if he choose to wear them).


~Our first REAL interaction was in Spanish class our sophomore year of highschool. Although I don't think we really talked in class, Andy did add me as his friend on MSN messenger (a sign of the times).




~Christmas of our sophomore year, I invited Andy to the Christmas Eve service at my church. Afterwards, he came to my house and had his first encounter with my lovely family. I am sure it was a bit of a shock..... we are a little crazy!




~My first date with him was to a Storm Hockey game.... I remember not really wanting to go. I made small talk about the stupid radio announcer. I really had no idea what I was talking about, just trying to fill the silence.




~Andy broke his leg at the end of his sophomore year... I decided that I no longer liked him ( I know, I know). Tried to ditch him, but my mom kept inviting him over to our house.




~Our junior year my sister thought she would ask him to the Sadie Hawkins dance. This made me extremly jealous and angry...... I asked him quickly... before she could!




~First kiss was on the couch in my basement....we were not dating yet. Silly boy! I made sure we made it official that night!




~Dated through sophomore year of college.... once again I called it off (well, more of a break). I booked a three month trip to Europe instead.




~In the mean time I took a mission trip to Peru with Andy. We were back together by the end of the trip. At that moment, I fully regretted booking such a long trip to Europe.




~A month after getting back from Europe, Andy asked me to marry him!




~May 18th, 2007..... We were MARRIED!!!!




~December 17, 2009... Our first child was born! Addileigh Grace Walters





We all remember those high school days. We are still a little akward, but beginning to figure it out a little. I was always terrified of boys! I honestly don't really know why....
The truth of the matter is that Andy was the only boy my age that ever made me feel completely comfortable. I was never nervous or anxious around him. My words didn't seem to vanish into thin air, as they did with most others. He was so different from every other guy. Most were cocky and full of themselves (or really strange). Andy had every right to be cocky (he was amazing at every sport her tried), but was completely humble and down to earth. He was mature, kind, patient, loving, strong, loyal...... the list goes on and on. He was everything I ever wanted and needed!

I can even remember the exact day that I KNEW that he was the one I was going to marry. I was driving in the car with my Mom and sister after a track meet my junior year. Somebody had asked my Mom if one of her daughters was going to marry Andy Walters. I remember thinking, "ME" without a doubt in my mind. He WAS the man that I was meant to marry...... and what a catch!

It really is amazing how much we have grown together over the whole nine years that we have been together. The journey has been incredible! The beauty of it is; is that the journey isn't over....we still so have so much life to live together (God willing). Now we have this beautiful daughter along for the ride. Life might have switched highways, but it only makes it that much more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment