Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Things That Matter Most


I love my family so much! My parents and sister came down this past weekend so that we could spend Mother's Day together. I hate being so far away from them and desperately miss their company. I miss our random laughter, conversations, and little inside jokes. More than anything, however, I miss their wisdom and advice. Yes, I can call them on the phone (and often do), but it is just not the same as having them right there.


Raising a baby is difficult and so often I just need my Mom's wisdom on everything from how to introduce solids to dealing with a stubborn child (yes, even for a 5month old). Dad is my "go to guy" on all the logistics of life. He helps me with insurance and financial stuff that. we as a young couple, have just not figured out yet. And then there is my sister..... she is my best friend. Oh, how I miss our Friday lunch dates and wanderings through Target and the mall.





........Life just isn't the same without them right up the street. I am SO thankful for each one of them and feel so blessed to call them my FAMILY!



No comments:

Post a Comment