Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pregnancy Revisited


I hated being pregnant! Nothing about it was enjoyable for me.... I was sick all the time! I remember women telling me how much they LOVED being pregnant and I remember thinking "WHY"!?!?!? This picture was taken in the early months. My little baby bump! I think I was really pushing it out and pulling my shirt tight so you could actually see it. I remember thinking, "If I am going to be pregnant and feel pregnant than at least I could LOOK pregnant"
FINALLY a real baby bump appeared...... out of nowhere! Notice the how I am not wearing make-up. Putting on a cute shirt and jeans was considered a good effort in my book!

A weekend getaway to Colorado! I was 8 months pregnant and so thankful to escape to Colorado's cool fall air. I remember watching a lady, who was due at any moment, walking up and down the stairs at Red Rock. I watched her wishing that I was the one that was about to pop! I was so close... yet so far.

I look so hot and uncomfortable.... I didn't want to spend money on maternity clothes so I squished myself in my normal clothing. I think we can all see that it was a tight squeeze!

This was my 'last girls night out' before Addi arrived...2 months to go!

By this point, I was super uncomfortable! Addi was pushing up under my ribs and my hips were KILLING me! I think this was a week before my due date.

I thought Mitty just really loved me, but after Addi was born I came to realize that she was really snuggling with Addi through me. Once Addi was born, I was old news and she and Addi became best buds!

This is the reality of being overdue by a week... Don't talk to me or take my picture! Andy called me a "viper" because my words would sting..... oops...sorry!


This is the moment it all became worth it to me! I held my sweet little girl for the first time.... in awe. How was it possible that something so precious could be mine??? My heart was stollen forever! I think my next pregnancy will be completly different. I will know what is in store for me in the end and how incredible the little bundle will feel in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment