Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dear Fall,

 Oh Fall, I miss you dear friend. I miss the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet. You know....the ones I would purposely go out of my way to step on... just so I could hear that wonderful sound. I miss my world being painted by the changing leaves. A beautiful canvas of reds, oranges, yellows, and browns that lined every street. I miss your breath of crisp air creeping in from the north and leaving a slight chill on my cheeks. I miss the permission you give to pull out my thick sweaters, boots, and scarves without the annoyance of bulky coats. But I think what I miss most of all, is the secret delight everybody shares in  knowing that you are here. We try our best to find you, in an area where you seem to be banned by the hot and humid air. I see signs of you here and there.... I see you in the crunchy leaves on my driveway and the sweet pumpkin patch down the road that beacons you near. Yes, you are here in some small way... allowing just a glimpse of you, my kindred friend.













1 comment:

  1. I share the same feelings with Fall.... oh the beauty of the trees, the air, the sounds, the smells. :-D
    The pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete