Monday, October 18, 2010

Napping Strike


Addi has declared this week a NO NAP week! Yes, tis' true.... she has downright refused to take a nap for the week. Even the car will not sway her. I am sure this whole moving thing has thrown her off. Maybe she isn't completely comfortable in her new room AND We have been off our nightly routine. I am sure when you combine all those things together, you get the disaster that has been this week.
Miss Addi has never been a big nap taker. I feel very blessed if she makes it through her whole sleep time CD, which is about 40min. I NEED that 40min (or 20 min as some days present) of  time. I am not even (usually) using that time for myself. Typically it is spent running around the house, trying to frantically get anything done that I possibly can. Laundry, picking up, making lists, dishes.... eh.. scratch the dishes... I leave those for Andy (HATE doing the dishes). I finally put my foot down today and forced the sleep upon her. Typically, I don't make her cry herself to sleep. Not because I think it is bad for her, like some ..I just can't stand to hear her cry for so long. BUT today I had HAD it! Soooo she screamed AND I MEAN SCREAMED (for a good 30min + ) I have tried this tactic before, but I typically give in and bounce her to sleep.

I guess I warned her. Before we moved, I had told her that I was done with this half hour bouncing business..... the time has come dear child. All good things must come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment