Monday, October 18, 2010

Undoing What's Already Done

{I had just put Addi's clothes back in her draws, after the move
As you can see, she is busy at work taking them all back out}
I think kids just have this instinct that draws them to the things they AREN'T supposed to get into, touch, play with, eat..... etc. We're no stranger to that concept around here! Addi is really good at undoing the things that I had just done. As I sit and fold laundry, Addi is sitting on the other side of the basket pulling out my nicely folded clothes. Do I really need to say how frustrating that can be? Seeing all your hard work laying crumpled on the ground. It isn't just the laundry though.... its everything. I have a draw full of headbands that Addi will pull out one by one .... dropping each on the floor after she examines them. I think her favorite is my nursing pads. She LOVES to pull each wrapper out of the box and then wildly push them around making an already big mess even bigger. I guess that should be my cue to move things to a higher shelf, but I am strangely attached to my placement of each item. So, I guess it is my own fault really... can I really get onto her for placing something so irresistibly fun right in her line of sight and reach? I'm not sure that would be fair.
{Headbands and nursing pads wonderfully scattered across the
bathroom floor}
.... and what do you know? Even as I type this she is sitting on the floor pulling out Pledge wipes of the bag.

1 comment:

  1. do i even need to say just you wait?? :) wait till there is one pulling out every piece of dress up they ever owned and intertwining them with real clothes, while another dumps all the blocks and the trains and the cars to build a city while the baby... well she isn't yet-- but she's about to!! :) then you have them 'help' clean up and the sorting and the helping just about kills you slowly. oh man. good times :)

    ReplyDelete