Saturday, December 4, 2010

July in Christmas... err. wait.. I think that is "Christmas in July"
Either way, it has been rather warm down here in Houston.. even for Houston.
It is normal to have weather in the 50's and 60's not 70's and 80's.
Makes catching the Christmas spirit next to impossible, but it does make one little girl happy
to be able to play in the back yard.






I figured that little kids all over the nation will be stuck inside all winter, looking out frosted windows wishing for warmer days. So, I let Addi go wild. She breathed in fresh warm air, crunched leaves between her fingers, and bathed in the sun. It was good. I decided when I was home over Thanksgiving that I was really ok living without the cold. Those heavy coats weighed me down. Putting Addi in coats AND gloves AND a hat is something  I am perfectly fine living without. Yes, I would take some cold weather and even some snow on Christmas day (or even the week before), but for the rest of the winter, 60 degrees is good with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment