Friday, December 31, 2010

One Big Christmas Post

Typically my  life runs pretty slow and steady. My days are predictable and simple, but Christmas came and suddenly I was running at 90miles per hour. It makes me wonder how I handled crazy busy days in college. I would literally being running around from 7am to 9pm and I am still amazed at how much I could accomplish. Glad those days are over. Both of our families came down for Christmas this year. Mine came from the 24th-26th and Andy's were here from the 26th-29th. My best friend, Heather also came for a couple days while Andy's family was in town. Family is great, but our house is small and that many people confined to a living room is a little much.
Yesterday, everybody was finally gone and I literally spent the whole day in my PJ's. No shower and no make-up= perfection in my book.


I was excited to see my family, but was dreading Christmas itself. Thankfully it resembled something of Christmas' past. I felt like I knew parts of it, but then there moments where I was left wanting. We didn't do any of our normal Christmas traditions on the night of Christmas Eve.... this was fine with me as I knew it would pull a little too hard on my heartstrings.

Happy Birthday Emileigh!




Addi's sweet little Christmas outfit


 Then Heather arrived in town for a day and we chilled. I love that our lives have changed and we are different people then who we once were, but we can still come together and carry on a conversations like we never missed a beat. That is how you know that you will be friends forever.
Ooh La La for Heather's Christmas gift



BFF for like 13years
Andy's parents arrived with another load of presents



So, Christmas is over and I am honestly glad. It was a good time to reflect and ponder, but was overshadowed by the expectation of disappointment. My favorite moment was at the Christmas Eve service. As everybody held their lit candle up in the air, singing Silent Night, I couldn't help but tear up. I felt the magnitude of that first Christmas. I felt like I was a shepherd starring into the night as angles filled the sky. That was the feeling that I was praying for.... I wanted to feel some sort of emotion this holiday season. I am thankful that it was a moment that drew me closer to God and not some silly manufactured "Santa Clause is coming" type of feeling. I do pray for more Christmas' like that.... THAT is where I pray my children get their excitement from. CHRIST.

1 comment: