Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's Been A Turkey Of A Month!

Whew! This November has been out of control. I got back from Montana only to turn around a week later and head to Wichita. My sister stopped in first to do some shopping at the Nutcracker Market and we crammed into a plane with the kiddos to spend some time with her in Kansas. After a week there, Andy drove up to pick us up and it was back down to Houston for Thanksgiving. I am finally, just now, catching my breath.

Andy gets a week off for Thanksgiving (AWESOME!) and so we have been able to simply relax and enjoy the presence of each other. Ok, there have been some not so wonderful moments where we just wanted to hide in our own corners for about 30 minutes, but overall it's been delightful.











I used to get kinda grumpy when I couldn't go home for a holiday. Home has a feeling .... how do I explain it? Home awakens some kind of childhood spark that just can't be found anywhere else. I think my children have reawakened that feeling and it is now my job to create a home that that stirs that same feeling within them. So we locked ourselves into our tiny sweet home and allowed the aromaa of Thanksgiving surround us.
That aroma just so happen to be Cajun since the only small turkey at HEB was, in fact, a Cajun turkey. DELISH!

Eating Pumpkin Pancakes


Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade










....and then everybody crashed after they stuffed their bellies full


....and then it was Christmas! (note: These pics are all out of order and it is a PAIN to rearrange)

The little tree in our room with my childhood ornaments.





Watching the first Christmas movie of the season.



First ornament on the tree



Not thrilled with my body in this picture, but trying to remind myself that I had a 9lb baby 3 months ago






She says "so pretty" every time she walks into her room
  Uptown Christmas Lighting


This is called: I really want to take a picture of the  lights, but there are 150,000
people trying to walk



No comments:

Post a Comment