Friday, November 4, 2011

Montana

My first big trip with two kiddos (alone... for the flying part) was a success. We were gone six days, 3 1/2 of which were spent traveling. I am EXHAUSTED and have spent the better half of today in my pjs. Addi is in mismatched clothing and my bed is covered with dirty clothes. Brandly is the only one who seems to have it together in this house.

My Dad had been planning on visiting his folks in Montana for awhile and when I mentioned that I would love to go, he quickly bought a plane ticket for Addi and I. I was thrilled and all to nervous at the same time. Thrilled to see my Grandparents and spend some time in BEAUTIFUL Montana, but extremely nervous to be confined to a flying tin can with two small children.

The kids spared me extreme embarrassment and behaved themselves on the plane, getting compliments from the neighbors surrounding us. I am sure they were as nervous as I when they found themselves trapped at the back of the plane with two small children who had the capability to make their plane ride very miserable. BUT we made it to Montana and back with few road bumps and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief.








View from my Grandparent's front yard
 We had planned to have a picnic and then hike up to the falls but it was FREEZING and snowing so we ate in the car and marched quickly up the mountain (where we were met with ice patches). I think the poor kiddos were frozen by the time they got in the car.... they are Texas babies! Therefore excuse the blurry pics.. my hands were frozen.




I had planned on making cute little Halloween costumes, but once I found out we weren't going to be in Houston, I just threw something together. I think they were still pretty cute!
























.... and of course a photo shoot :)













1 comment: