Thursday, November 24, 2011

Simply Thankful.

Who has the right words on days like these? There are so many things that we could list that we are thankful for, but they always seem generic and overdone. I am thankful, extremely thankful, for all the typical things we write about on thanksgiving, but I am also thankful for things that we don't normally talk about.

                                I am thankful for the trials and tribulations that this life sometimes offers.

We never wish for hard things to come our way. Really, if we were given the choice, we would probably pass. But I have learned a valuable lesson; those things.... those really hard things in life that break us also make us stronger. They build character and strength within us. They make us become a person we only wished we could become. Those hard times draw us closer to a Savior who never leaves us; who becomes our strongest anchor in the midst of the storm.

Yes, hardships cause us to change.... GROW... and for that, I am extremely thankful.

I will take a good dish of trial over a life that stays stagnant and stale. I would rather spend weeks, months, and years battling hardships over a lifetime of complacency.

So, yes.... I am thankful for those things in life that cause extreme heartache...for long nights spent in tears. My God is so good at turning muck into something clean and pure. Something incredibly good. Who would I/we be without that promise?

No comments:

Post a Comment