Wednesday, January 26, 2011

After what seems like WEEKS of endless rain and gloomy days, we FINALLY had some sunshine and temps in the high 50's! Perfect chalking weather!

The man across the street was mowing his yard....although I am pretty sure
the grass hasn't grown since October.




This was Addi's first experience with chalk and she seemed to know just what to do with it. Chalk is one of those things that bring out the chid in me. I am not very artistic, but perhaps that is the joy of drawing with chalk. The more childlike it looks...the better. Really, I was just thankful to soak up the sun's rays on my face and to feel its warmth seep through sk. I was sad that I missed the first big snow back home, but only for a day. Being able to sit out on my driveway in the middle of January far outweighs months of freezing cold weather.

Gotta love kitty booty :)



P.S. ............................................






Yep, you read it right! Baby Walters #2 is due August 8th which puts me at 12 weeks. #2 is due a day after Andy's mom's bday and a day before Andy's bday.  I am feeling pretty good! No morning sickness = a smiley face in my book. We are excited and think that Addi will love having a baby around the house. Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy for wanting another on so soon, but I LOVED having a sister that was so close to my age. Best Friends! I am not ready to announce it on Facebook so if you want to leave a comment, you can leave it on here or you can leave a generic comment/happy face on the facebook link. YAY!

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!

    HOLY COW!

    Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you 3! You are a lot braver than I am... I don't think I could keep my senses about me if I had another one right now - but you're going to be such a wonderful mother of 2 children!

    AHHH! I'm so excited for you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! congrats to you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yyyyyyyeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! it's fo' reals now!!! :) oh man-- it's gonna get carzazy down there in tx... but you are going to love it!! congrats walters!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's Dawn CONGRATULATIONS! And realize that your last post about the tears is probably more because of your news here than anything else! I love reading your blog, you're a great mom to Addi and you will continue that with the next one. Remember we don't have to be perfect parents we just have to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth--so excited for you. You are such a wonderful mother to Addi! I love the way you share your adventures being a new mom and wife. Congratulations to you and Andy and Addi!!!

    ReplyDelete