Monday, January 17, 2011

Tears of Shame

I cried last night at bible study. I CRIED people! Those who know me well, know that I am not one to just bust out into tears. This wasn't like a tear just fell down my cheek, we're talking full on sobs that persisted for a good 5min. What has this world come to that I am breaking down over petty things? When Andy and I walked out the door at the end of the night, I turned to him and said, "I can't believe I cried!". Oh the horror! He was really sweet about it and appreciated my genuineness, but I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the night. I know people like my best fried, Heather, are laughing over this blog post right now. She knows me well enough to know that I would be shocked by my own behavior.

Just to clarify, I think that it is perfectly fine to be a crier.... eh.... well, when the situation is right. When my sister was younger, she used to shed a lot of tears and I would always be like, "WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?" I know, I was a really sweet big sister. But there are times when tears are good and real and need to happen. I am not sure last night was one of those times, but what can a girl do? The topic was something that I have been really sensitive to recently and I think I hated admitting my own fault. It was a blow to my pride. I know, I know... you are all wanting me to say what we were talking about, but I am not going to. First, do you really want me bawling over my keyboard right now? I don't think anybody really wants that. Secondly, it doesn't really matter. The whole world doesn't need to know my weak spot at the moment..... 20 people is enough for now. :) Well, I will at least give you a clue..

1 comment:

  1. Love IT! I have seen you cry but tis true you rarely cry in front of a group of people. Sometimes it just happens and you can't control it. At least you got a good blog post out of it. And now I am curious about WHY too. You didn't like the dress you made??

    ReplyDelete