Monday, January 31, 2011

Orange Basket

See this GORGEOUS orange basket???



It has been sitting there for over a week. Teasing me.  My husband NEVER voluntarily does the laundry, but last week he amazed me by picking up this basket and throwing all colored items into the wash. Now, I am not having a bashing party here, but he left the basket in front of the dryer and there it has continued to sit. This spot is right in front of the garage door so that means any time I want to come in or out of my house, I am continually blocked by a large orange object. Even if we do manage to kick it out of the way, it still ends up landing in a place that does not allow the door to fully open. So, it is a constant circus show of trying to angle ourselves correctly so that we may exit out of the door.

I keep asking myself why I keep putting up with this? Why don't I just throw the clothes in the wash and move this ridicules basket out of my way? Honestly.... I don't know. I think I must have some subconscious thing working on some level here. Maybe I am tired of always doing.... it is a continuous effort to keep my house at some level of sanity. I didn't put the basket there, so why should I move it. The funny thing is, I know that if I left it up to Andy to move it (without me saying anything) it would be there forever. It's not that he is necessarily being lazy, it truly just doesn't bother him (or is it all a cover?). This is something I have come to understand over the years..... mmmm well, I guess I don't really UNDERSTAND it, but I am aware of it now. But the time has come for the thorn to be removed from my side ...... I am throwing the clothes in the wash and walking away with an orange basket in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment