Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas

I'm laying in my bed tonight with a blanket over my feet. My feet are always cold, but I prefer not to wear socks as I am more of a slipper girl. I always wore slippers when I lived in Nebraska, usually well ino May and especially at night. I would go through a pair a year and would usually recieve my new pair on Christmas morning. Since Houston is considerably warmer in the winters, I no longer need my annual Christmas slippers. I think the last time I recived a brand new pair was two or three years ago (and they are still going strong), but I miss the feel of putting on a brand new pair and feeling the squish of cushion as you walked in them for the first time (as my old pair usually was worn down unil you could almost see though it). This has nothing to do about nothing... AND really nothing to do with this post. I have simply been thinking a lot about my slippers :)

Anyway, GOSH I feel like the past two weeks have been a whirlwind... certainly eventful! For starters, I GRADUATED (FINALLY!) on December 16th!!! WHOOHOO! Such a long story as to why it dragged on for so long, but I am DONE! What a weight lifted of my shoulders! Bachelor of Science in Family Studies... which basically means nothing. In Texas, all you need is a Bachelors degree and you simply take a test to get your Teachers Certificate. So, that's the plan... however, I will say that at times I wonder if that is really where the Lord is leading me. It's just not settling quite right. I used to get super excited about the thought of teaching and that doesn't happen anymore. We will just wait and see what he has up his sleeve because I think it's going to be good, no matter what it is.

My baby girl turned TWO on the 17th! My land, where did the time go?? It is so unbelievable how incredibly fast the time goes and it just gets faster and faster with each passing year. She will be 16 before I know it! We passed on throwing her a "friends" party this year. I think it is great to have a birthday party, but she is two and doesn't REALLY have any friends. We decided our money could be better spent on other things.... Besides she had three bdays with family! THREE people! We have had enough cake to last us a good year. (Excuse the dark/orange pictures)




 She is growing and changing everyday. She is so smart and incredibly challenging.... I am sure she will challenge me the rest of her life. Yet, she has a tender heart and loves her family so much. When she is being sweet she melts you and you want to stay in that moment forever. I can not wait to see her develop into the girl, teen, and women that she will become. I will do my best to guide and teach her... to be the mother she needs and not always wants. I will love her. I am so thankful that I am not alone and that I have a husband and a Savior that will be with me through it all ( I am going to need them).

I am thankful for this little guy too. I am pretty excited to watch him grow up too! He was only a couple weeks old in my belly last year. So glad he was here to spend Christmas with us this year.

Are you ready for some Christmas? My children were overly blessed by their family ... or maybe spoiled would be the correct word.









 Isn't funny that we spend money on expensive gifts for our children and all they really want to play with is some bows and a bowl? I think she had more fun tearing off the paper then playing with the actual gift.






 This is pretty much how I felt too after a week in Nebraska and a 14 hour drive home. Somebody please swing me to sleep and leave me be for a couple hours.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas looks so much more colorful this christmas, than the black and white last year. Glad to know you were all together for the holidays and it was colorful.

    ReplyDelete