Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ode to my Small Group Gals

It is interesting what you learn about your home once you leave it. I had always been told that Nebraskans were the nicest people in the country. Well, they may be nice, but they can also be extremely shallow. My dad likes to say, "they are a mile wide and an inch deep". Let me tell you something about these Texans.... they are a mile wide and five miles deep. I have been so impressed by their genuineness. Who knew that this was possible in a city of 6 million people.

We didn't know what to expect when decided to join a small group here in Houston. In all my experience back home, once a small group was formed there were no new openings. This has not been my experience in Houston. 
{This picture was taken a year ago. Almost everybody is in the picture}
God tremendously blessed us with our small group of couples. They all have such a heart to serve their Lord and a desire to know him better. The unity that we share is like none I have ever seen.  Yet, when a new couple joins, it is like they have always been apart of the group or when a couple leaves (which is usually because they are moving out of state), it is like losing family.
We are taking a couple weeks to spilt guys and girls. The girls are taking the opportunity to share their testimonies. Let me tell you something, these are awesome women with incredible stories. So here is a shout out to my gals.
 Ladies, thank you for your willingness to share your stories. I have been so blessed by each one of you and am so glad to get to  know you on a deeper level. You girls are like extended family to me and have made my move to Houston SO worth it. LOVE Y'ALL!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have a small group to share and to grow in the Lord! My small group at my church has increased my walk with the Lord so much. Right now, I am teaching Ephesians. I can't wait. With what you have been through, I am so glad the Lord has given you Godly friends. They look like a wonderful group.

    ReplyDelete