Monday, September 6, 2010

Once Upon a Fall(ish) Day

Fall is my favorite season. I am a fall baby... my birthday actually lands on the first day of fall (every other year). I like to think I have red hair because it is one of the many wonderful fall colors. Houston really doesn't have a season change during the fall months. Basically the weather goes from extremely hot to just plain hot. I guess our fall season comes during the winter months. I remember the few leaves that do change were changing in December. Man, I miss the sound of crunching leaves under my feet.

These days, when I travel up north during autumn, I go all out in my outfits. I mean, I pull out the scarves, sweaters, and boots.... anything that can manageably be worn in 7o degree weather is yanked from my closet and thrown in the suitcase. I don't care if I am slightly warm, I WILL wear the cute fall clothes.


We have had one fall(ish) day here in Houston. We spent it at the Miller Outdoor Theatre (of course). My Dad was in town for labor day and I am convinced that he had brought the cool weather with him. It was beautiful. We sat on the hill enjoying the cool breeze and listening to the Mercury Baroque Orchestra. We had a delish roasted chicken, strawberries and Cheeze-Its (random I know). Even Addi was in a excellent mood and played on the blanket for the full three hours. It was perfect.

"Don't worry, I can help myself"






No comments:

Post a Comment