Saturday, September 18, 2010

Under the Acorn Tree

There is this acorn tree by my apartment and I have become obsessed  with it. You have to understand that it is not fall in Houston yet... not even close, but the acorn tree knows. She knows that this is the time of year that the acorns fall off the trees. So together we celebrate the beautiful season of fall. This tree has become my kindred spirit and friend. Every day Addi and I walk to the tree and pick up any acorns that have fallen off her long branches. There is no need to let them rot on the ground when somebody like me sees the value in them. I am collecting all the acorns so that I can use them as a fall decoration (once we move into the house). ....Maybe they will sit next to my fall candle.


Happy Fall
Y'All

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth--I love your pictures and your insights. I think you have a future in blogging! I have several websites I write for and I think you ought to consider that sometime. This piece on the acorn tree is amazing. We have an acorn tree in our yard and all I see is nuts!

    ReplyDelete