Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{Our cat taking advantage of the empty book shelves}

We (or I guess I should say "I") have been packing like crazy. We don't even officially own the house, but I am determined to get out of this apartment as fast as possible. Needless to say, the apartment is a wreck and I have no desire to do anything about it. I figure we are moving out in a couple weeks anyway, so what's the point. Truthfully, the mess is driving me crazy. I love having everything neatly in it's place, with the counters wiped off. This is becoming less and less of a reality, now that Addi is around, but I still aspire to obtain this standard...... some days. For some reason, I think that once I am in the new house my whole attitude about cleaning will change. I will want to do it..... right? It is my house and now some random apartment. We will see how this works out.I really don't know what has happened to me. All I used to have to do was turn on some "cleaning music" and I was set to go. These days, I turn on the music and all I can motivate myself to do is throw some laundry in the washer. Usually we work to raise our standards, but I am pretty much trying to lower mine. If I could just figure out a way to get stuff done around the house without actually having to do it. Hmmm..... Well, once Addi gets older I think the obvious solution will be what we call "chores". Until then???? ...... I am still working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment