Friday, November 26, 2010

Auntie Em Visits (and other random pictures)

I LOVE my sister! She just makes my world a little bit happier.....ok A LOT happier! I am lucky enough to call my sister my best friend... she gets me in a way that nobody else does or ever will. It has been fun watching her become an aunt. She loves my baby girl and that baby girl loves her auntie. Em's goal was to teach Addi something before she went back home. So everyday Em would say "UH OH" whenever Addi would drop something... and by the end of her trip, Addi was saying "OHHHH".
The great thing about Houston is that there is so many ways to entertain guests. It's not like Kearney where you have to be really creative or just have good timing in order to find something half way interesting to do.  We decided to get tickets to Cirque Du Soleil to watch "Allegria". It was incredible (like I knew it would be). I was in high school the last time that I went and Andy had never been. I think everybody should see it... just once. However, the whole reason she came was to go to the Nutcracker Market. BEST SHOPPING EVER. Vendors from all over the world come to set up shop and every item is unique. You just can't beat it. Of course neither one of these places would let me take in my camera so I can't even give you a taste of what it was like... I know.. I am really sorry.






The rest of our time was just spent hanging out, but those are so often the best moments. I had been DYING for her to play the other part of a song on the piano.... everybody knows how to play this song, but I can not remember the name. I promise if you have ever played the piano you know the song (even if you don't know what I am talking about at the moment). Anyway, that was one of the first orders of business. The funny thing is she can never keep time to my part. When we were little I would always get so frustrated at her for not keeping the right beat. I think she just gets impatient and doesn't actually stop to listen, but the fact that some things never change makes it so worth while.

.....and now for a couple random pictures. If I don't put them up now, they will never see the light of day.





No comments:

Post a Comment