Tuesday, November 2, 2010


 Cool weather decided to make its grand appearance with the arrival of November. You have no idea how excited I was to see  60's and 70's line the screen when I watched the weather forecast. I am so tired of wearing the same tank tops and capri's when I have a perfectly good fall wardrobe just begging to be set free.
I could hardly wait for Andy to get home so that he could get a roaring fire going for me. I had plans of snuggling up in my pj's next to a warm fire and drinking hot apple cider. Do things ever go as planned? No. A little family of wasps decided to build their little home in our fireplace. So as I am getting Addi all cozy and warm in her jammies, Andy comes in to tell me that a wasp nest has fallen into our hearth. He THOUGHT there was only one wasp, but as you can imagine.... more were soon to follow.
This is how the first 30 min of our fire  was spent... Andy getting wasps out of our house with a broom. I think we had seven total... and they were HUGE! Thankfully nobody was stung. I wish I had more pictures, but I was hiding in the dark corner with Addi where they couldn't see us. Good thing I have a brave husband.

Ready to get our firewood


 Chill time. I was in my pjs and slippers in a flash, ready to enjoy my first moments of fall the right way.



Apple cider anyone? It's delish!

This is how life is supposed to be. Spending evenings cozied up with the ones you love.
It is meant to be slow and simple, savoring the good things in life.
These are the moments we cherish and remember for the rest of our life.
Nights filled with soft hues and glowing embers as a chill threatens to sneak in.
The moments when nothing else is needed or wanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment