Thursday, November 18, 2010

A New Perspective = A New Challenge

First, I know it has been a long time since I last posted. The dog chewed through the computer power cord on our computer which = no power. Thankfully I kept my old computer from college, but the dino won't let me download pics from my camera. Don't you think blogs are boring without pictures? I do! I think pictures help tell the story, but I am a visual learner so maybe that has something to do with it. So anyway, it's not that I don't have anything to write about because I have plenty to say... I have just been sparing you from boredom. I can't take it any longer, I needed my blog fix. So despite having no pictures for you, I am posting anyway. Sorry to all you visual people out there... I understand.

So, do you like the Christmas music?? I love it! It just brings something alive inside of me. I know some people are really strict about when Christmas music should be played (you know the Grinchs' and Scrooges among us). I don't live within those restraints. I mean come on, the Christmas season is SO short and I have to get my fill as much as I possibly can.Waiting a week before Thanksgiving is actually good for me, I know one year I was playing it in October... sooo yah. If you are one of those people, you can just turn your volume down because I am already in way too deep to turn back now. I need to update the header, but again.... can't download pics:(

Ok, I am going to try something new here. While blankly starring at my closet this morning, wishing I could just go out and buy new clothes, I had an idea. What if I turned my rather boring and predictable closet into a fun and exciting challenge?? Here is what is going to happen: Everyday I have to come up with a new outfit to wear ....JUST with what I have in my closet. I will post it to my blog as a daily diary and you can tell me what you think. I'm hoping that you will help me out here. Maybe after you have seen some of my basic pieces you can get creative with me. I have no idea who or how many people read this. I could just have one person giving me suggestions.... hey, I will take what I can get. I figure if I have people waiting to see what I wear, it will give me some motivation to think out side of the box. I'm not going to lie, it will be challenging  considering that 50% of my closet is tank tops, 30% is cardigans, and the rest is a random assortment of other clothing articles.

I guess the point is, I decided a long time ago that I would NOT become a stay at home mom that just lets herself go. I see these moms at the grocery store in gray sweatpants and no make-up on. It's sad. Who says that just because you don't get up and get dressed for a job means that no effort at all needs to be made. I have done pretty well. I do have days where sweatpants are the first thing I pull out of the closet, but by no means does it need to be the norm. Right now, I can't afford to buy new clothes so I am going to do something about it. I may go buy some new jewelry and belts though b/c I got to step it up somehow right? So, once the power cord arrives in the mail.... it's game on! If you feel up to participating in my little experiment, I would LOVE it! My creativity only reaches so far and let's face it... I have been starring at these clothes for a long time. I fresh perspective would be AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now. Not blogging it, but just challenging myself to ENJOY my closet and be CREATIVE with the very little that I have. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    ps- thought you might like this... this girl uses one dollar per day on an old thrift-store purchase and makes an outfit. Pretty fun! http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/2009/11/

    ReplyDelete