Friday, November 26, 2010

A Heart of Thankfulness!

My heart overflows with thankfulness.  A year of tremendous heartache has only brought me closer to God and for that I am extremely thankful. For years, my journal pages were filled with desperate pleas for God to stir inside of me. I desperately wanted to feel his presence, to feel him moving...stirring.  I wanted growth. I kept saying "whatever it takes, I am willing". Even then, I knew that prayer was dangerous, but it was worth the risk. I never expected my growth to come in the way that it did, but when I faced with the opportunity I grasped it tightly. I was not (still not) going to let my first real trial in life bring me down. I was going to take it by the hand and grow as much as possible from it. It will be a long journey and everyday is a choice. A choice to be defeated or a choice to face it and let God do his work. It has been such an amazing experience. God is so good. Learning to trust God with everything has been the theme of my year. I still have so far to go, but he continually amazes me with his incredible faithfulness. I hate what happened, but I would never want to go back to the deadness I once felt. I was a dry dessert, but the flood gates have opened and I am thirsty. I am drinking from the well and I am SATISFIED. I can't wait to see where the journey will take me.

My daughter has been such a beautiful gift. She alone has caused such growth inside of me. The love I feel for that child is like none other. I have unending well of love for her inside of me that overflows daily. I named this blog "A selfless love" because that is the love that Christ gives us, a love that I strive to give my daughter. I love being her mommy. What a joy and an honor. 
Of course, I can't leave out my hubby. Talk about a selfless love... he is really one of the most selfless people I know. Is he perfect?... of course not, but he is such an example of the way a parent should be. He is so patient and loving. He is Addi's best playmate, my best friend, and the leader of our home. I love him with all my heart. Again, GOD IS SO GOOD. I am THANKFUL!        

No comments:

Post a Comment