Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween. We have always been a bit non-traditional in our Halloween festivities.
I grew up going to The Bibleland Carnival instead of trick-or-treating. It
was more of a celebration of fun rather then evil and scariness. We dressed up as Esther and Ruth
in costumes that were sewn by my Mom.

Andy and I wanted to do celebrate with our
friends by having a little Halloween party at our house.
You know the term, "you bit off more then you can chew"? Yah, that doesn't even begin to describe our Halloween. I think you could probably say that we tried to swallow a horse when we decided to host a Halloween party three weeks after moving into our new home.
Instead of getting stuff done Saturday, we spent the day watching the Huskers play on TV. I had a feeling that there was not going to be a lot of time Sunday afternoon to tackle the huge mess that was our house. Plus, we had some "little" projects to get done... you know the kind that you think are going to take 30min and it ends up taking like two hours. The kind of projects that result in Andy throwing stuff across the kitchen... ummm yah. That was our Halloween.

Our friends were showing up at 7:00pm and by 6:30pm I had just finished making my soup and had yet to put on Addi and I's costume. Just to add to the chaos, Addi's shirt would not go on. It literally took both Andy and I yanking and pulling to get her arms through. Needless to say, Addi was not pleased with this dressing tactic. Her headband then disappeared and all I could conjure up was a newborn hat... good thing it was stretchy. My headband also went MIA... that headband was the whole point of my costume. Without it, nobody would know that I was supposed to be a flower. With 10 min to spare I ran outside to take a few snapshots of Addi in her way too small bee hat. As you can see.... she was a very busy bee. I only managed to get this one, none blurry picture of her.
By the time the head band was found, she was done with the camera..... So no family shots were taken.
Andy was a honey comb, if you were wondering.
Another project that was being done at
6:30pm.
If I look smug it's because I am.


But friends arrived, dressed in their costumes and things finally settled down. We enjoyed the rest of our night with our friends and we were thankful we had a home to entertain in...


Rodeo clown/ cowgirl
The Waldos
.... and the Duggars (ok I should have turned the
camera the other way b/c Leslie was wearing a long
skirt.. and she is pregnant)

Now I am welcoming in November. Time to turn
my focus to the holidays that are teetering
on the brim of anticipation.. ready to fall full force into my
lap. I am ready to catch it, with arms wide open. Welcoming the
excitement that the holidays bring. A time of thankfulness
and celebration of my king.

No comments:

Post a Comment