Monday, September 15, 2014

Fourteen: When and why?

Today's prompt: When did you start blogging and why?


WEDNESDAY, MARCH 24, 2010


A Selfless Love

As a new mom, I am learning what the term "selfless love" really means. As many current moms know, being a parent to a child is the most demanding and challenging task that one could take on. Life as you knew it is no longer a reality. Your life now consists of lack of sleep, little relaxation, and virtually NO personal time or space. This new creation needs every ounce of energy you could possibly muster and all the love that your heart can give.
Through this experience I have been given a small glimpse into the beauty of Christ's love for us. What an amazing love it is! Once my little Addi was born, I instantly knew that I would lay my own life down for her. She meant more to me than anything else that this world had to offer. Sound familiar? There is no way that I can say that I fully understand Christ's love for us, but I am blessed with a small understanding that I never knew before.

This is my diary of learning to love selflessly as well as my joys and struggles that life presents. Join me on this incredible journey called LIFE.
...................................................................................................................................................................................
         This was my first post in 2010. Crazy to think that this blog has been apart of me for four years. I can't really remember why I started blogging. Yes, I wanted to share my life and I wanted to write, but I also think that I did it because it was "cool" at the time. I don't even know the girl who wrote this post four years ago. I have changed so much since typing my first words onto this blog. As I read through old posts, it can be tempting to hit the delete button on so many of the posts that I have written. I get embarrassed at some of the things I thought were worthy of writing about, but you know what? That's who I was and that's where I was in that point of my life. If nothing else, I hope this blog is a testament of what God in and through me; a road map through each stage of this great journey. 
        This is the first time I have used this space in a good two years. I burnt myself out trying to attain some sort of blog world status. I feel like I am now in a good place to restart this blogger journey. Not for the adoration of people reading it or to gain hundreds of followers because I am over all that nonsense. Instead, I hope it will be a place to write out His story and what he is doing in my life. If nobody ever reads my words than so be it, I am good with that. BUT if somebody stumbles across these electronic pages, I hope that they find Jesus here. May this space do nothing else other than point people to my Savior. It won't be perfect. I use punctuation wrong and sometimes I write about really dumb things, but it's His blog none the less.
       Lord, this is your space. Take it and use it as you will. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment