Monday, September 8, 2014

EIGHT: Music Moves

Today's prompt: Music that moves you. Are you a Spotify addict or a Pandora guru? Tell us your favorite artists/stations!

           I can't just write about "music that moves you" because music, in general, moves me. Music is my heart language; my soul reflector. It defines eras of my life and envokes emotions that have long since past. It's how my heart worships. Music is apart of me , like the blood surging through my veins.  It's  joy and sorrow, laughter and tears, depth  and heights. You could map out my life through the storytelling of songs . 

          To say I like music would be such an understatement. Music has been apart of my life for as long as I can remember.  It was always playing when I was a girl. We had this giant tape player in our  basement and my Mom would always put a tape in as we were falling asleep. I fell asleep to music for a good eighteen years  and still do some nights. We cleaned to music, did homework to music, and celebrated to music. Like I said, it was on ALL. THE. TIME. 

        I remember when I got my first CD player. I was probably eleven or twelve and I found it on our Easter egg hunt. It was bright yellow and my pride and joy. From that point on there was no turning back. I discovered Classical music, Beetoven's Fur Elise and Vivaldi's Four Seasons. 

               Ok, so half this post just got deleted and I am not going to retype it all. Sorry. Such a bummer! I am just going to tell you what I am listening to these days and move on. 

artist. Rend Collective, Ellie Holcomb, Ben Rector, Jon Foreman, and All Sons and Daughters. James Taylor is always, always, always my fall favorite.

albums. Art of Celebration and Campfire by Rend Collective. As Sure As The Sun by Ellie Holcomb 

genres. Pretty much anything besides rap.


stations. See all the artists above :)

No comments:

Post a Comment